POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") : Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 14 May 1998 17:51:29
Message: <355B6761.14200E8F@bigfoot.com>
Hi All,

As already advertized somewhere in one of the multiple MovieProject Thread, take a
look at the article about the Cathedral and the Bazaar model, very interesting for
htis sort of project.
While saying this I take the opportunity to add that it takes a person like Johannes
to manage the thing : a voluntary mind, ready to face the challenge, fast in
communication and business, who compliments others when due, who makes things move,
who is liked for his social behaviour.
Many people may have better talents, but that is not the point, it takes one who does
it.

You thanked me for my vote, but I think it was the most natural thing for me to do,
and you are more than welcome. I would not dream of your 'seat' ever, yet I know it
must be thrilling.

To answer Johannes directly about putting me on the mailing list, of course, feel
free. I just did not want to bugger you too much with just one more email. And since
what I write often applies to the group rather than just yourself, I make it public.

By the way, I would like to add that this IRC link may be a brilliant idea for some,
but as you said yourself on one occasion, making the project worlwide leaves wide time
differences between some of us.
Therefore even though it is an important means of communication it shall not be the
primary means. The mailing list shall always remain the primary means of
communication.
It would also be nice to have a two way mailing list : one where everybody can send
messages to everybody. To that effect I understand the article about the cathedral and
the bazaar is educative as well : see fetchmail if you don't have any other answer for
a two way mailing list.

C U L8R
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.